My Personal Cruise Tips
Favorite Cruise Resources
Ports of Call & Shore Excursion Planning
- TripAdvisor.com – The leader in finding things to do while you travel
- Viator – Great, reputable place to book shore excursions, tours, and get tickets to major attractions on your own
- Cruise Critic: Their Ports of Call section is a great start in planning your port days but their Forums are essential for getting specific questions answered and meeting passengers on your cruise
- Frommer’s Cruises Guide Books: My favorite travel guide book series Frommer’s has several guide books written specifically for cruisers and the unique situation they face with limited time and land transportation. I would skip their overall “Frommer’s EasyGuide to Cruising” but their destination-specific cruise books, like Alaska, Caribbean, and Europe, are great.
- World Taxi Fare Calculator: Use it to figure out how much it’ll cost to get from the airport to your hotel or cruise port! Also useful in deciding between taking public transportation, renting a car, or taking taxis when sightseeing.
Back To Top