We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary with the 7-night Eastern Caribbean inaugural cruise to Tortola on the Disney Magic from April 25 to May 2, 2009. This was our second cruise ever and second cruise on Disney Cruise Line.
|Day 1||Saturday, April 25, 2009||Port Canaveral|
|Day 2||Sunday, April 26, 2009||At Sea||Formal|
|Day 3||Monday, April 27, 2009||At Sea|
|Day 4||Tuesday, April 28, 2009||Tortola||Pirate Night|
|Day 5||Wednesday, April 29, 2009||St. Thomas/St. John|
|Day 6||Thursday, April 30, 2009||At Sea||Semi-formal|
|Day 7||Friday, May 1, 2009||Castaway Cay|
|Day 8||Saturday, May 2, 2009||Port Canaveral|
- Pre-Cruise Hotel Review - Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport
- Disney Cruise Line Terminal at Port Canaveral
- Disney Cruise Eastern Caribbean 2009: Day 1
- Disney Magic Spa Villa Review
- Disney Cruise Eastern Caribbean: Day 2 - Formal Night
- Disney Cruise VIP Character Breakfast Review
- Disney Cruise Eastern Caribbean: Day 3 - At Sea
- Tortola - Walking around Road Town
- Tortola - The Baths Shore Excursion Review
- Enjoying Disney Cruise Pirate Night as Adults
- St. John Island Tour Shore Excursion Review
- St. Thomas - Walking around Charlotte Amalie
- Disney Cruise - Galley Tour and Beer Tasting Review
- Castaway Cay Stingray Adventure Review
- Castaway Cay Bike Trail Review
- Castaway Cay - Serenity Bay Snorkeling
- Castaway Cay - Flying Dutchman
- Disney Cruise - Till We Meet Again
- Disney Magic
- St. Thomas & St. John
- Castaway Cay
- Orlando Airport
- Fish Extender Gifts
I planned for this trip obsessively and I am an extremely detailed oriented person. These were the resources that made my trip a success:
- PassPorter’s Disney Cruise Line Guide Book: The fastest and most organized way to learn about DCL. Read it cover to cover first.
- DIS DCL Board: Start by reading the DIS DCL FAQ and then read posts on a daily basis to learn new things, tips, and updates to things covered in Passporter’s. You’ll soon become a DCL expert!
- Cruise Critic: The Ports of Call section was extremely helpful in planning days at ports of call. Got great tips on what to do, how to get around, and where to eat. The Tortola forum was also helpful in learning more about Tortola since Disney hadn’t been there yet.
- Frommer’s Caribbean Ports of Call Guide Book: Extremely helpful in planning days at ports of call. Got great tips on what to do and where to eat. Also has great maps.